Monday 28 September 2009

Tattoos are a skilled Art

I saw this image the other day and I couldn't believe it was done with a tattoo pen and the canvas was somebody's skin! I like this idea, of the human form being the medium, of people showing such commitment to a piece of art that they are willing to have it ON them for LIFE. It has always been a concept that fascinated me and, contrary to what so many people think, I really admire tattoos. I have one myself, although small and fairly discreet but I wear it with pride. Obviously you see some awful mistakes almost everyday but you cannot deny the skill and patience involved in producing some of this art. The examples I have posted here are unbelievable. I wouldn't like to have any of them, they are not exactly aesthetically pleasing but I have chosen these images as they demonstrate such incredible talent that, I think, has to be noticed and admired. The one above is my favourite; how the artist has created a stone texture to the skin and gained point-perfect perspective to make it exactly 3D is, to be honest, beyond me! For those of you who hate them, at least notice the abundance of skill that is involved in creating them.






No comments:

Post a Comment